Welcome to Swift Owners Club UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Oil advice and recommendations from oilman

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic
oilman
  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • Last active: Jul 19 2017 11:20 AM
Feel free to contact us here for any oil recommendations or any oil related questions you may have. 

Alternatively complete our oil recommendation form and we will get back to you asap. You can also give us a call on 01209 202949 Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm or just drop us an email to sales@opieoils.co.uk

Cheers

oilman

Lee Riley
  • Members
  • 858 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • Last active: Dec 28 2016 09:40 AM
What oil do you recommended for a standard zc32 swift sport gearbox and what do you recommended for a zc31 swift sport gearbox with around 300ftlb going through it :-)

oilman
  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
Hi Folks,

Need help with engine oil, spark plugs, gear oil, filters. It doesn’t matter if it has been modified, or even a classic car, the team at Opie Oils will help you find what you are looking for. Don't forget to;

forum-9thjan-1.jpg

Enter our latest Competition

forum-spring-comp.jpg

If you need any oil advice then we are here to help! You can contact us here, alternatively give us a call on 01209 202944 Monday - Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm or send us an email to sales@opieoils.co.uk

Cheers
Oilman

oilman
  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
If your need of any oil advice/recommendations then just ask us here and we will be happy to help.

Alternatively complete our oil recommendation form. You can also give us a call on 01209 202949 Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm or just drop us an email to sales@opieoils.co.uk

Cheers

oilman

oilman
  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
If you are struggling to find the right engine oil for your car, don't forget about our free oil advice. 

All we need to know is

Make:
Model:
Year:
Engine type:
Performance modifications:
Driving style: (road / off-road / track etc)
Any other information that may be relevant: e.g. approx BHP if modified, oil temps if known

If you need help you can call us Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm on 01209 202944, email us at sales@opieoils.co.uk, or use our Recommendation form, or just ask here.

DD80
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • PipPip
  • LocationGlasgow, Scotland
  • Last active: Mar 22 2016 10:16 PM

Hi,

I recently bought a 2008 Suzuki Swift 1.5l GLX with 40700 miles.  I want to change the engine oil so I'm looking for some advice on a good brand - I don't do cheapo and would like to put into the car the best I can afford.  I only use my car for social and commute.  I also read in some previous posts that a member felt the gear changes were a little stiff.  I seem to be experiencing the same problem and suspect that the gearbox oil hasn't (ever) been changed.  I am aware that the oil spec for the gearbox is 75w90.  Can you recommend a good brand for that too? 

nickparry
  • Members
  • 2702 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • LocationSwansea
  • Last active:

Millers for the gearbox. Castrol for engine.

• DD80 likes this

DD80
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • PipPip

Thank you for the reply, NickParry.

Castrol wasn't top of my list, or even second for that matter. I'll check out prices.

Thanks again.

nickparry
  • Members
  • 2702 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • LocationSwansea
  • Last active:

No problem. Just suggestions really. I find that with oil it's best to change it frequently than to go with the 'best'. That's what I do anyway :)

I find Castrol good but so are others. The gang quite like Millers Nano for the gearbox but again, if it hasn't been changed before it's gonna like whatever you put in :)

• DD80 likes this

DD80
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • PipPip

Again thank you, Nick

You make a fair point.  I don't drive my car hard but I just want to buy good oil that my car will appreciate.  I found a site that has a great deal on 5W-30 Castrol Edge FST (4L + 1L) so I'll get be buying some tomorrow.  I do have a question that needs answered, although it will sound noob; will I need 5L or 1L for the gearbox oil?

• nickparry likes this

Impulse
  • Supporters
  • 6629 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • LocationRickmansworth
  • Last active: Jun 06 2018 07:37 PM
2L
  • DD80 likes this

319363.png

62 Reg Suzuki Swift Sport - Pearl White

Exterior: Suzuki Optional Extra Styling Kit, Debadged, Dewipered, Front 'S' Sprayed Black

Interior: Black and White Fitted Mats, Suzuki Door Entry Sill Guards

Engine Bay: Black Tegiwa Dress Up Bolts, Gold Beatrush Plug Cover, Gold Beatrush Battery Stay

nickparry
  • Members
  • 2702 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • LocationSwansea
  • Last active:

I'm sure that will work well mate. Yes, 2-2.2 litres but 2 is totally fine :)

• DD80 likes this

DD80
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • PipPip

Apologies for the belated reply.  Thanks again guys for the info guys.

oilman
  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
Struggling to find the correct oils for your car? Then just ask the Oilman.

To help us to give the most accurate advice possible we do need some information about your car. e.g.:

Make:
Model:
Year:
Engine type:
Performance modifications:
Driving style: (road / off-road / track etc)
Any other information that may be relevant: e.g. approx BHP if modified, oil temps if known
What recommendation are you looking for? Engine, Gearbox, Diff etc.

You can contact us here, alternatively give us a call on 01209 202944 Monday - Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm or send us an email to sales@opieoils.co.uk

Cheers

Oilman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users