Welcome to Swift Owners Club UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Oil advice and recommendations from oilman

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic
oilman
  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • Last active: Jul 19 2017 11:20 AM
Swift Owners has invited us to start an "oil recommendations" thread here... so if you would like any oil advice or a recommendation for your car please feel free to ask here and we will get back to you as soon as we can. To help us to give the most accurate advice possible we do need some information about your car. e.g. Make: Model: Year: Engine type: Performance modifications: Driving style: (road / off-road / track etc) Any other information that may be relevant: e.g. approx BHP if modified, oil temps if known What recommendation are you looking for? Engine, Gearbox, Diff etc. Any oil we recommend is available to buy from us (if you would like to) for delivery throughout the UK and many destinations in Europe. We stock oils & lubricants from 9 major oil brands: Amsoil, Castrol, Fuchs, Gulf, Millers, Mobil, Motul, Redline and Silkolene, so we can supply fluids meeting the vast majority of manufacturer and international specifications. Swift Owners members get a discount of at least 10% on our usual prices... just choose "Swift Owners" as your club when registering on the Opie Oils web site and enter your forum username. Finally, if there are any products we don't stock and you have difficulty getting hold of elsewhere, let us know and we'll see if we can stock them. We look forward to being of help! Cheers Guy, Opie Oils You can also contact us by phone on +44 1209 215164 (All oils recommended are available to buy online at my web site)

EightJ
  • Members
  • 640 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • Last active: --
Make: Suzuki Oil required: Engine oil Model: Swift Sport Year: 2007 Engine type: 1.6 Performance modifications: Driving style: road I've used shell religiously since buying the sport but i'm considering switching to motul what would you reccommend and how much am I looking at?

oilman
  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
Motul make some of the best oils available, the 300V 5w-30 being their best for your car, but the X-Max 5w-30 is also a very good choice.

http://www.opieoils....engine-oil.aspx

Cheers

Tim

Giorgio
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • LocationGreece
  • Last active: Jan 31 2017 02:45 PM
Make: Suzuki
Model: Swift Sport
Year: 2007
Engine type: M16A
Performance modifications: -
Driving style: road, fast road, uphills, occasionally track
What recommendation are you looking for? Gearbox oil

oilman
  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
Hi

You need a 75w-90 for the gearbox and here are the ones we have.

http://www.opieoils....673-75w-90.aspx

If you want to go for the best, the Millers CRX 75w-90 NT, Motul Gear 300, Silkolene Silktran Syn 5 and Millers TRX. The Castrol Syntrax, Motul Motylgear and Fuchs Gear Syn are all decent alternatives.

Cheers

Tim

tomasnok
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Pip
today i have the 15000km service :D i put shell helix ultra 5w-10 and gear oil motul motyl gear 75W80 :roll: . with this gear oil maybe have any problem? :roll: #-o

oilman
  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
It will be just fine, you may even get a smoother shift especially when its cold :) Cheers Guy

swiftysport
  • Members
  • 1179 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • LocationLeyland...lancashire
  • Last active: Jun 25 2017 09:41 AM
Hey mate wAnting to service my sport for the fun of it lol, What oil should I use is shells 5w - 30 ok to use or could you recommend any other oil cheers

tomasnok
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Pip

It will be just fine, you may even get a smoother shift especially when its cold :)

Cheers

Guy

thanks for reply oilman :D

oilman
  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member

Hey mate wAnting to service my sport for the fun of it lol,
What oil should I use is shells 5w - 30 ok to use or could you recommend any other oil cheers

5w-30 is the correct grade, but it depends what Shell oil you are going to use. Their full synthetic ones are pretty good and I would go for one of those.

swiftysport
  • Members
  • 1179 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • LocationLeyland...lancashire
  • Last active: Jun 25 2017 09:41 AM
Cheers so a fully synthetic 5w-30 grade. Thanks mate

sixofone
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • PipPip
Hi Oilman A bit confused the handbook for my 08 Swift Sport recommends either 10w-30 or 10w-40 engine oil. Yet in this thread you are recommending 5w-30 please advise, is a 5w-30 synthetic a better oil for the sport? Thanks 8)

oilman
  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
10w is a basic option really, a 5w gives better cold start protection which is why we recommend it

sixofone
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • PipPip
Oilman Thanks for that! 5w-30 it is then. Regards 8)

Guest_ironman_*
  • Guests
  • Last active:
which oil would you recommend for a tremec t5 gearbox?

oilman
  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
Whats it in? Cheers Guy

Giorgio
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • LocationGreece
  • Last active: Jan 31 2017 02:45 PM
Hi Oilman, I would like to know if I could use 0W-30 oil in a Swift Sport 2007. Will be there any problem?

oilman
  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
It will be fine
  • oded likes this

Guest_ironman_*
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Whats it in?

Cheers

Guy

its in a mnr vortx+ (seven style kitcar) basically its the same as whats in a chimera, but the fifth gear is .63 not .80
cheers

oilman
  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
The norm was ATF back in the day, we find the Asmoil ATF popular. Cheers Guy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users