Welcome to Swift Owners Club UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New swift sport

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
Liambaker
  • Members
  • 110 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • Last active: May 06 2018 11:05 AM
Hi guys,
Not been on here for a while, anyway anyone with a mk3 sport can you tell me what they are like over a long period of time do they have many problems. With my swift I have now I have only had wear and tear and a gear box change which I didn't need to pay for as was under warranty. Also what little mods would you recommend.
Thanks

jimbo1959
  • Members
  • 314 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • LocationWest central belt of Scotland
  • Last active: May 19 2018 10:43 PM

I've had my ZC32 for a year and three months now, I bought it second hand with a smidge under 9K on the clock. I've done some, 17k to date.

It's been reliable so far, the only issues I've experienced is a little rattle/thrumming noise from the dash, it sounds like it's coming from just behind the main clocks pod housing. Tbh all I do is turn up my music a little and I can no longer hear it, there is a similar small vibration/thrumming noise coming from the drivers window when it's down 1 cm to just under 2 cm so I use the passenger side window for ventilation instead.

These are the only irritants I have experienced outside of routine service work and fair wear and tear. I've had two people run into the rear bumper and it stood up to both well. The first resulted in the bumper popping back out itself and a couple of scratches needing touched in. Minimal damage really.

The second actually broke the paint and needed a respray on the white section of the bumper, the grey section was also scratched but fortunately these polished out. There was a slight crease in the tailgate but I was lucky to get one of those paintless repairs done.

As far as the running gear is concerned, so far so good, no problems. (He rushes over to the wooden table and touches it quickly, lol). I'd recommend them for reliability to anyone.

I love this car, it handles like a dream, and it's nippy enough. Ok I'd like another 50 bhp but the cars all about road holding and feel not top speed. It's got all the bits and bobs I want and the most important gizmo, I can plug in my iPod and play all my music through the head unit. 

I haven't heard of any problems with them at all, good luck with finding one that suits you.

logikmaster
  • Members
  • 1252 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland
  • Last active: Yesterday, 10:56 PM

Hi guys,
Not been on here for a while, anyway anyone with a mk3 sport can you tell me what they are like over a long period of time do they have many problems. With my swift I have now I have only had wear and tear and a gear box change which I didn't need to pay for as was under warranty. Also what little mods would you recommend.
Thanks

Pretty much the same as Jim says really tbh. Got a 14 plate with 9k on it about 10mths ago and it’s on just under 20k now and aside from a service and wiper blades so far for running costs it’s been great as per what it says on the tin. It’s been lowered by 40mm all round then back to standard cos the ride was too harsh but that’s personal choice tbh. Mine too has the rattle in the dash on th passenger side but it was the dash harness tapping on the bulkhead that was the cause (FYI Jim) behind the glovebox upper left side needed a couple of extra cable ties but sorted now. Fitted the usual heko window deflectors and some underbonnet tidying and pipercross lifetime filter but not much else yet till I get it remapped for more bottom end grunt and some new tyres....
Ownership costs for the sport it’s very reasonable if you do your own servicing or know someone who can and the fuel consumption is not bad for such a revvy engine (circa 38mpg) given I do a lot of motorway driving in my commute.
I had my last one for about 6 years (Mk2) and this one will probably be the same unless I get restless before then.
Good solid motor with a bit of a grin factor whe you give some beans on the twisty stuff....
  • jimbo1959 likes this
Running Stock aside from wind deflectors, Genuine sport mats, Pipercross Air filter, under bonnet tidy bolts & mud flaps........... for now

584935.png

zanes
  • Members
  • 314 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • Last active: Jan 19 2018 01:43 PM

Currently got just over 65k miles on a 14 plate sport that I've had from new (very last of the pre standard sat nav versions from when Suzuki were clearing them out of the dealer network).

Only issues to date have been a creaking driver's seat when new which the dealer had a fiddle with and got rid of it and a failed air con compressor done under warranty. I'm the only person I've heard of with those issues so I assume they're just random failures. Second gear can be a little tight on a very cold start but only for the first shift up and then it's fine. Minor dent in the passenger door from a reversing van which I'm leaving. Cold starts can be a little slow (though always goes first time) when sub zero so I suspect it'll be wanting a new battery for next winter, not surprising given I do short daily runs atm with a longer return commute once a week.

Last time I did a fuel consumption test on a mixed commute it came out to 44mpg brim to brim, which seems reasonable.

Plan is to run it well north of 100k.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users