Welcome to Swift Owners Club UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sun Strips

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
R.Quinn20
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • PipPip
  • LocationLeicestershire
  • Last active: Yesterday, 07:45 PM

Hi everyone, just wondered, does anyone know the law on sun strips, can a swift pass an MOT with one on?

jimbo1959
  • Members
  • 313 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • LocationWest central belt of Scotland
  • Last active: Dec 03 2017 12:51 PM

Yes, mine did just that with a sun strip fitted just a month or so ago. No problem at all, not even an advisory. My sun strip is around 6-8 inches wide too.

R.Quinn20
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • PipPip
  • LocationLeicestershire

That's great, thanks! Could I see a picture of your sun strip? I'm just a bit paranoid because on the internet it says the sunstrip can't go more than 10mm into the drivers eye line or in the path of the wiper blades?

jimbo1959
  • Members
  • 313 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member

That's great, thanks! Could I see a picture of your sun strip? I'm just a bit paranoid because on the internet it says the sunstrip can't go more than 10mm into the drivers eye line or in the path of the wiper blades?

I'd love to be able to send you a picture but, Photobucket have stopped all third party posting and I don't know who else provides this service. If you have any suggestions I'll try them. Every picture I had posted on this site was done with Photobucket, it's a bit of a bummer that no-one can see them anymore.  :(

R.Quinn20
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • PipPip
  • LocationLeicestershire

Ah, that is a shame. Do you have a Mk2 Swift? Because if we have the same model in theory I should be able to have a sun strip no problem if you didn't have any problems!! It just some MOT test centers are more sensitive than others.

jimbo1959
  • Members
  • 313 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member

Mine is a white mk 3, my oldest lad has a mk 2 Sport in black.

The only place I can post pictures these days is Facebook which rather fu*** up this web site, lol. You know, defeats the purpose somewhat  :D but hey, if you look at the Suzuki Swift Sport Owners group you can see pics of both our cars.

Hell I'd even post some up for you so you can see the sun strip fitted on mine for yourself, once you join.

I helped my son out by fitting a full set of rear tints to his car, two sides and a rear. Looks cool on the black car too.

You're right about some test centres being more officious than others though fortunately the guy we use is not so heavy handed with his rulings and lets you have time to get things sorted (within the rules I mean) without going too OTT.

Good guy thank goodness, although I will say we don't push it, I'm one of those folk that if i do the wrong thing I get caught, lol, always, so I find it easier to keep within the rules, saves a lot of grief.  :lol:

R.Quinn20
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • PipPip
  • LocationLeicestershire

Right, I've got a black MK2, isn't a sport though, need the 4 doors! Yeah, thanks, i'll take a look!  :)

Yeah, i think the test centre near me isn't too strict, though think I will wait and fit the Sunstrip after my MOT in November, just in case  :)

• jimbo1959 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users