Welcome to Swift Owners Club UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Swift Sport Mk II OEM Alloys (2006-10)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic
Leon96
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • PipPip
  • Last active: Yesterday, 05:59 PM
Anyone know where I could get a set of OEM Swift Sport Alloys and how much they would be? Or would anyone have a decent set for sale?

The ones on mine are pretty oxidized & scuffed and I'm looking at getting them all refurbished but might be a little less to actually get a new set.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SSS77
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • PipPip
  • Last active: Sep 06 2017 06:27 PM
Theyre mega expensive from suzuki, there's always some on ebay / breakers yard websites

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

logikmaster
  • Members
  • 1239 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland
  • Last active: Nov 06 2017 05:36 PM
They used to be over 300 quid each wheel from suzuki and you can get a refurb for 250 a set, so it's a no brainer to go the refurb route tbh.
Running Stock aside from wind deflectors, Genuine sport mats, Pipercross Air filter, under bonnet tidy bolts & mud flaps........... for now

584935.png

Leon96
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • PipPip
I didn't realise they'd be that expensive from Suzuki! Was just wondering how much they would be considering I got a price of 100 quid a wheel, the ones on it now are pretty bad to be fair I might shop around though cheers

jimbo1959
  • Members
  • 313 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • LocationWest central belt of Scotland
  • Last active: Nov 14 2017 08:15 AM

Is it MK2 or 3 wheels you're looking for mate? I have a full set of MK3 ones in m'garage that are all in fair condition except one which has a little road rash on two spokes. If you're interested let me know. They've done about 17K miles, I only changed them for the MK2 set 'cos I found them to be a pita to clean. These are the two marked spokes on the one alloy. They'd be easy to dress up and repaint. 

IMG_1823_zpsdsksvnli.jpg

IMG_1822_zpspdbqc57m.jpg[/

URL]

[URL=http://s124.photobucket.com/user/UncleBuck2511/media/IMG_1819_zpsb6mbwgyd.jpg.html]IMG_1819_zpsb6mbwgyd.jpg

• Leon96 likes this

Highco
  • Members
  • 818 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Last active: Nov 15 2017 04:37 PM

I would look at any local marketplace, breakers and eBay. There's some Facebook groups all about selling wheels too. 

• Leon96 likes this

logikmaster
  • Members
  • 1239 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland
  • Last active: Nov 06 2017 05:36 PM

Is it MK2 or 3 wheels you're looking for mate? I have a full set of MK3 ones in m'garage that are all in fair condition except one which has a little road rash on two spokes. If you're interested let me know. They've done about 17K miles, I only changed them for the MK2 set 'cos I found them to be a pita to clean. These are the two marked spokes on the one alloy. They'd be easy to dress up and repaint. 

IMG_1823_zpsdsksvnli.jpg

URL]

[URL=http://s124.photobuc...bwgyd.jpg.html]IMG_1819_zpsb6mbwgyd.jpg

Jim how much you looking for your original wheels mate?
Running Stock aside from wind deflectors, Genuine sport mats, Pipercross Air filter, under bonnet tidy bolts & mud flaps........... for now

584935.png

jimbo1959
  • Members
  • 313 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member

Sent you a pm Nick. I'll post it too if you don't mind. If you prefer we keep it pm that'll be fine though.

Leon96
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • PipPip

IMG_1823_zpsdsksvnli.jpg

URL]

[URL=http://s124.photobuc...bwgyd.jpg.html]IMG_1819_zpsb6mbwgyd.jpg

Jim,

It's the MK2 ones I was looking for cheers mate, I've actually recently went to another wheel refurb place and they've quoted me 280 quid for Anthracite or 320 for Original Silver or what they call M3 Graphite. Think I'm gonna get them redone in silver as I quite like the look already!

I can't seem to see any images on this site not tapatalk  have you guys any idea?  It's saying I gotta go to photobucket and enable 3rd party hosting?

jimbo1959
  • Members
  • 313 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member

Photo Bucket have changed their hosting criteria and now want to charge $400 a year to enable third party hosting, which, naturally, I will not pay, so, you cannot see the pictures as a result. You don't need to do anything the problem is totally mine.

Leon96
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • PipPip

Photo Bucket have changed their hosting criteria and now want to charge $400 a year to enable third party hosting, which, naturally, I will not pay, so, you cannot see the pictures as a result. You don't need to do anything the problem is totally mine.

Jeese that's steep, pain in the arse to be honest it's not even reasonable I wouldn't mind!

I was actually looking up parts for my swift some sites claim mine is a mk2 others a mk3. I know of the old gti 1.3, then ehat i presumed was my model mk2 and then the 2012-2016 mk3? I've a 2007 SSS sorry if I got it mixed up there mate!

jimbo1959
  • Members
  • 313 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member

The general consensus is that Photo Bucket are going down the tubes and are trying to make as much money as they can before it happens, hence the reason I refuse to pay, even at that $400 is a bit on the steep side $50 I might have but not $400.

I agree with the way you have worked it out by year, yours being a MK 2, my son has one the same year as yours and I have a '13 '63 plate MK 3.

• Leon96 likes this

Leon96
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • PipPip

The general consensus is that Photo Bucket are going down the tubes and are trying to make as much money as they can before it happens, hence the reason I refuse to pay, even at that $400 is a bit on the steep side $50 I might have but not $400.

I agree with the way you have worked it out by year, yours being a MK 2, my son has one the same year as yours and I have a '13 '63 plate MK 3.

Typical of companies draining every ounce before they go bust.

Ah that's cool the two of yous have the swift, have you noticed much of a difference between the two models?

6th gear for the motorway and things such as sound dampening and that I'm presuming are a given but what's the driving like in comparison?

jimbo1959
  • Members
  • 313 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member

The ZC32 (mine) is a much smoother more comfortable car and suits me (being nearly 60)  :D BUT, the ZC31 (my lads) is a little more focused, you can feel every little change in the road surface, it's a little more raw and slightly less economical than the '32.

When I was in my twenties I would have had one because my body could tolerate the raw energy, however I need to have the '32 now, in fact I changed the tyre size to 205/45/17 instead of the usual 205/40/17's to help with the comfort and not compromise the handling too much and it makes quite a difference.

My lad has the 205/40/17's in exactly the same brand as mine and he loves the way the '31 handles (as do I), I just can't or don't want to put up with it all the time.

Occasionally we will both go in his car for a blast over to the next town to the chippy or for fuel or just to check how the car's going and it's great fun but when I am doing my commute (country roads and town work) which is a 90/10% split of country to town work, I prefer the little extra comfort as well as the still go-kart handling of the ZC32.

We are both looking to change onto Uniroyal Rain Sport 3 tyres next to give better handling in the wet, they have a fantastic reputation, sadly living on the west coast of Scotland the rain is almost a constant feature of daily life  :lol: Sunshine's a bit of a novelty, lol.

Leon96
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • PipPip

The ZC32 (mine) is a much smoother more comfortable car and suits me (being nearly 60) :D BUT, the ZC31 (my lads) is a little more focused, you can feel every little change in the road surface, it's a little more raw and slightly less economical than the '32.

When I was in my twenties I would have had one because my body could tolerate the raw energy, however I need to have the '32 now, in fact I changed the tyre size to 205/45/17 instead of the usual 205/40/17's to help with the comfort and not compromise the handling too much and it makes quite a difference.

My lad has the 205/40/17's in exactly the same brand as mine and he loves the way the '31 handles (as do I), I just can't or don't want to put up with it all the time.

Occasionally we will both go in his car for a blast over to the next town to the chippy or for fuel or just to check how the car's going and it's great fun but when I am doing my commute (country roads and town work) which is a 90/10% split of country to town work, I prefer the little extra comfort as well as the still go-kart handling of the ZC32.

We are both looking to change onto Uniroyal Rain Sport 3 tyres next to give better handling in the wet, they have a fantastic reputation, sadly living on the west coast of Scotland the rain is almost a constant feature of daily life Sunshine's a bit of a novelty, lol.

I'm pretty much in the same situation as your son - student in my 20s. I would have liked to get the newer model the hid lights and looks are very nice but my budget wouldn't allow until I start working full time, I'm only part time at the moment and the big thing right now is insurance cost! The poor student life

The handling is superb on the swift sport such a fun car to drive! I've also been in the SZ3 swift as my Mother purchased one a while back and it's really nippy too. The handling surprised me!

I was actually looking into changing my tyres to 205 40 17, 195s are quite expensive. At the moment I've got 195 Falkens on all corners. Front two are worn but rear two have a decent but of tread left so I'm just going to replace the front set.

This might be a silly question but would you rekon it would be fine to change the front 2 to 205s and change the rear at a later date? I was looking at continental contisports. Is it okay to have different sizes?

Since I've gotten my swift my Dad has been mad into it he does love driving it says if he was my age he would have definately had one. (He's got a Renault Scenic wagon at the moment due to "Fatherly" constraints ..yuck ) he's been helping me do small bits to the car too.

I think you're right on the mark with the comfort aspect getting the 205 45s for the added comfort.

That's mad I wouldn't have thought you guys would get such an extensive amount of rain!I'm here in Dublin it rains a fair amount too. Are the uniroyals just as good in the dry and if so are they much more expensive?

Cheers

jimbo1959
  • Members
  • 313 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member

You'll be ok to change just the two tyres at a time Leon, conventional wisdom says that the new ones should go on the back, but, as long as you keep a matched axle set you'll be fine.

You may find that putting the 195's on the back can induce lift off over steer but, you'd have to be driving like an absolute loon to experience that. 

Putting 205/45/17's on mine has really made a difference with the comfort, without much of a change to how the car handles at all. The other good thing about the 205/40 and the 205/45's is that they're more readily available and cheaper than the standard 195/45/17's. Just don't forget to inform the insurance company as you don't want to give them any excuse to invalidate a claim. Most are ok about the minimal size change and don't give you any increase in premium. Play it from the angle of minimal increase, cheapness and ease of replacement and tell them you are thinking about it first, poor student and all that, rather than just doing it. Lets them feel important when you ask for permission, almost.

The Uniroyals are one of the best and most reasonably priced performance tyres on the market, just as good in the wet as they are in the dry. My lad just got a quote from Black Circles for 4 and they came in at £280 delivered. Ok, he will need to get them fitted when they arrive but I know a chap who will do them for £48 fitted and balanced. Black Circles own network were charging £72 for the same work  :o a penny saved and all that,  :D I know, tight git Scotsman, lol.

A friend on the website here was raving about the Goodyear Asymmetric 3's, however they are like the Continentals just over £100 a tyre, really great road holding but ouch!! on the price :( Try the various websites, Black Circles, Camskill, Mytyres, etc... to compare the prices and check out the review pages too, www.tyrereviews.co.uk for example, they are all educational.

From what I hear Dublin's rainfall record isn't that far behind us, (Glasgow Central Belt). I bought a new power washer last Sunday and still haven't been able to use it because of the almost constant pissing down rain we've had this week, bummer! :rolleyes:

Anyhoo catch you later Leon, all the best!

Leon96
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • PipPip

You'll be ok to change just the two tyres at a time Leon, conventional wisdom says that the new ones should go on the back, but, as long as you keep a matched axle set you'll be fine.
You may find that putting the 195's on the back can induce lift off over steer but, you'd have to be driving like an absolute loon to experience that.

Putting 205/45/17's on mine has really made a difference with the comfort, without much of a change to how the car handles at all. The other good thing about the 205/40 and the 205/45's is that they're more readily available and cheaper than the standard 195/45/17's. Just don't forget to inform the insurance company as you don't want to give them any excuse to invalidate a claim. Most are ok about the minimal size change and don't give you any increase in premium. Play it from the angle of minimal increase, cheapness and ease of replacement and tell them you are thinking about it first, poor student and all that, rather than just doing it. Lets them feel important when you ask for permission, almost.

The Uniroyals are one of the best and most reasonably priced performance tyres on the market, just as good in the wet as they are in the dry. My lad just got a quote from Black Circles for 4 and they came in at £280 delivered. Ok, he will need to get them fitted when they arrive but I know a chap who will do them for £48 fitted and balanced. Black Circles own network were charging £72 for the same work :o a penny saved and all that, :D I know, tight git Scotsman, lol.

A friend on the website here was raving about the Goodyear Asymmetric 3's, however they are like the Continentals just over £100 a tyre, really great road holding but ouch!! on the price :( Try the various websites, Black Circles, Camskill, Mytyres, etc... to compare the prices and check out the review pages too, www.tyrereviews.co.uk for example, they are all educational.

From what I hear Dublin's rainfall record isn't that far behind us, (Glasgow Central Belt). I bought a new power washer last Sunday and still haven't been able to use it because of the almost constant pissing down rain we've had this week, bummer! :rolleyes:

Anyhoo catch you later Leon, all the best!

That's grand then I'll just change the front set for now. Since I've gotten the car I've kept in mind that the tyres need changing bearing that in mind I haven't pushed too hard. Couple of times in the rain I have noticed the car slipping also.

I've been looking at some of the 205 prices and there's so much more available and much more choice. I rekon the 205 40 would be fine for me I've no bother taking the bumps and harsher ride! I'll definately be giving the insurance a shout during the week - hopefully they will be fine with it albeit insurance being an absolute nightmare over here with premiums sky high!

I've had a look for the Uniroyals online - black circles is a good price same as yours although delivery is expensive to Ireland. The reviews and all that seem really good on them - I would have overlooked them too to be honest.

Managed to find them - 205 40s on Oponeo for 81 euro free shipping which isn't bad atall - works out about the same as Black Circles taking into account the exchange rate and all that. A fella I know will fit for 12.50 per tyre too so just over 90€ per corner fitted - not bad. Gonna order and give em a try if insurance approves. Ahh we all love getting best bang for buck! I was thinking the Goodyears too as I believe the Sports come with Goodyears from the factory. The price I was getting on Goodyears online was 140 quid for the 195s, outrageous!🤤

Ah the rain is a pain alright! Seems the clouds do just be waiting until I finish washing the car to come out haha.

Cheers for the advice Jim I appreciate it.
Take it easy.

• jimbo1959 likes this

jimbo1959
  • Members
  • 313 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member

My son got his Uniroyals fitted today and he messaged me after driving home, (some 20 miles), the tyres haven't even scrubbed in properly yet and he said that the grip level compared to the set he just replaced is phenomenal. He's in love, lol.  :lol:  :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users